This poppy seed vinaigrette is a tasty, sweet and tangy salad dressing that’s super versatile and adaptable. Even better, it can be made quickly with just a handful of ingredients.
Poppy seed vinaigrette ingredients
Poppy seed dressing goes beautifully with broccoli, spinach and feta salad and strawberry, spinach and goat’s cheese salad. It’s a simple recipe, made from just 7 ingredients:
- Extra virgin olive oil: The basis of all great salad dressings, I love this high-quality Erbology extra virgin olive oil, use the code charlotte15 for 15% off your order.
- Apple cider vinegar with the mother: My favourite is Willy’s apple cider vinegar (use the code TFK10 for 10% off).
- Honey: Manuka or raw honey really make this dressing, but any runny honey will work.
- Dijon mustard: I love Delouis Dijon mustard for its minimal ingredients. Available from Able & Cole.
- Poppy seeds: The star ingredient!
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper: To balance out the flavours.
How to make poppy seed dressing
Most salad dressings are fairly easy to whip up and this one is no different. Simply add all of the ingredients to a small jug and whisk together. That’s it! Then drizzle over your favourite salad.
Other dressings to try
- Creamy chive dressing
- Green goddess dressing
- Chunky green dressing
- Zingy lemon vinaigrette
- Caesar dressing
I hope you enjoy this poppy seed dressing recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Poppy seed vinaigrette
- Place the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, salt and pepper in a small jug and whisk until smooth.