This broccoli, spinach and feta salad will delight you every time you make it! It couldn’t be simpler to throw together. It’s made from broccoli, baby leaf spinach, blueberries, avocado, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and feta cheese. This salad is drizzled with sweet and tangy poppy seed vinaigrette. It will become your go-to, year round 5-minute salad recipe.
Broccoli, spinach and feta salad ingredients
The great thing about this salad is how versatile it is – you can tweak it according to your taste preferences, and what you have in the fridge. Here’s what’s in this recipe:
- Broccoli: Raw broccoli florets chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Baby leaf spinach: Forms the bulk of this salad.
- Blueberries: Add a delicious pop of sweetness and round out the other flavours.
- Avocado: For creaminess and healthy fats.
- Dried cranberries: Just a handful of unsweetened dried cranberries.
- Sunflower seeds: For a satisfying crunch factor I love sunflower seeds. But feel free to use your favourite seeds or nuts.
- Feta cheese: Crumbled feta adds delicious, tangy creaminess. Goat’s cheese would also work well. You can also use a dairy-free alternative (remember to read labels and look for minimal ingredients).
What salad dressing goes with this salad?
Poppy seed vinaigrette is a simple recipe, made from just 7 ingredients.
- Extra virgin olive oil: The basis of all great salad dressings. I love this high-quality Erbology extra virgin olive oil, use the code charlotte15 for 15% off your order.
- Apple cider vinegar with the mother: My favourite is Willy’s apple cider vinegar
- Honey: Manuka or raw honey really make this dressing, but any runny honey will work.
- Dijon mustard: I love Delouis Dijon mustard for its minimal ingredients. Available from Able & Cole.
- Poppy seeds: The star ingredient!
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper: To balance out the flavours.
How to make broccoli, spinach and feta salad
No cooking required, this salad comes together easily! Here’s how to make it:
- To make the salad, place the broccoli, spinach, blueberries, avocado, cranberries, sunflower seeds and feta in a large serving bowl and toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small jug and whisk to combine.
- Serve! Divide the salad between serving bowls and drizzle with the poppy seed dressing to serve.
Add a couple of tablespoons of dill pickle sauerkraut to this salad to boost gut health.
More delicious salad recipes
I hope you enjoy this broccoli salad. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Broccoli, spinach and feta salad
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 120 g baby leaf spinach washed
- 150 g blueberries
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 100 g Greek feta crumbled
- 1 quantity of poppy seed dressing to serve
- Place the broccoli florets, spinach, blueberries, avocados, cranberries, sunflower seeds and feta in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Divide between serving bowls and drizzle with poppy seed dressing to serve.