You can throw this easy, herby salsa verde dressing on pretty much everything. It’s heavy on fresh herbs, has punches of garlic and tangy vinegar, and glistens on top of meat, fish, vegetables, cauliflower pizza crust, soup and more!
Salsa verde ingredients
Salsa verde is a flavour-packed, punchy, vibrant green sauce made from just 6 ingredients:
- Fresh herbs: I use a mix of fresh parsley, basil and chives, but you can use whatever herbs you like best.
- Capers: For a tangy, lemony burst of flavour.
- Garlic: 2 cloves for a punchy garlicky flavour.
- Sherry vinegar: You can use other types of vinegar, but I prefer sherry vinegar. Its well-rounded flavour works beautifully in this recipe.
- Olive oil: Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil like my favourite from Erbology.
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper: To balance out the flavours.
How to make salsa verde
It couldn’t be easier! Simply place the ingredients in a food processor and process to a chunky consistency. That’s it! You can serve immediately, or let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together.
How to use salsa verde
- Drizzle over Creamy celery soup.
- Use on top of Cauliflower pizza crust instead of tomato sauce.
- Drizzled over pan-fried steak.
- Use it to flavour fish, like Baked cod with salsa verde.
- Tossed through courgette noodles.
More salsas to try
I hope you enjoy this salsa verde recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley (about 25g)
- 1 small bunch basil (about 25g)
- ½ small bunch chives (about 12g)
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the parsley, basil, chives, capers, garlic, sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a hand-held blender or small food processor and blend to a chunky consistency.