Mango salsa is a bright and refreshing dip that’s bursting with flavour. Add it to my spicy burrito bowl for the perfect summer recipe!
Salsa is an essential item when it comes to summer eating, and especially Mexican food. It’s healthy, easy to make, and there’s loads of ways you can make it. From avocado salsa, to pico de gallo, to this juicy, creamy, and irresistibly sweet mango salsa. Serve this at your next summer party or add it to your next burrito bowl.
Mango salsa ingredients
This tasty salsa has just 7 simple ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Mango: the key ingredient to make this salsa extra juicy and sweet!
- Avocado: for delicious, creamy healthy fats
- Red Onion: brings contrast to the sweetness of mango
- Cucumber: crisp and refreshing
- Coriander (cilantro): for a fresh citrus taste
- Lime juice: for a zesty touch
- Salt: to tie everything together
How to easily peel and dice a mango
Mangos can be difficult when it comes to peeling and cutting. But don’t worry, I’ll break it down for you in just a few simple steps.
- Cut off the cheeks. Mangos have a long seed in the middle of it. So cut the mango lengthwise, just off center, to remove the two cheeks.
- Cut a grid. On each mango cheek, cut a grid pattern without cutting through the skin. Then press the skin outwards, making the fruit form into cubes.
- Scoop the cubes. Using a spoon or knife, scoop the cubes from the skin.
- Remove the little bits. The long seed might still have some usable mango, so use a knife to slice and dice the scraps.
How to make mango salsa
Once you’ve prepared the ingredients, simply place them into a bowl and mix everything together. That’s it! Let it sit for 10 miniutes before serving to allow the flavours to marinate.
Tips & tricks
- Use ripe mangos. A ripe mango will normally have a softer flesh, so be sure to test this before buying.
- Switch the herbs. If you’re not a fan of coriander, use fresh parsley instead.
- Add a spicy kick: For a spicy mango salsa, chopped jalapeño.
- Add more flavour. You can also add diced tomatoes for an even more flavourful dip.
- Leave out the avocado. If you plan to make ahead – you can add this just before serving so that it doesn’t go brown. If you’re packing this in your lunchbox, replace with extra mango or fresh chopped cherry tomatoes.
How to serve mango salsa
Nothing beats a scoop of this with salty, crunchy tortilla chips. But you can also add it to your meals to bring a boost of fresh sweetness. Try pairing it with tacos, fajitas, burrito bowls, easy chilli chicken, salads, and more!
Other salsas and tasty dips to try
- Avocado salsa
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa verde
- Spicy guacamole
- Classic hummus
- Beet hummus
- Cauliflower hummus
- Green goddess hummus
I hope you enjoy this mango salsa recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
- ½ fresh mango diced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- ½ small cucumber diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place the mango, avocado, onion, cucumber, coriander, lime juice and salt in a small bowl and toss to combine.