This easy pea-sy soup is the easiest soup in the world to make. If you’ve not got much time to throw something together for lunch, this is the recipe for you. It’s vibrant and delicious, a fresh summery soup that pairs perfectly with seedy crackers.
Easy pea-sy soup ingredients
- Frozen peas: Thaw these slightly for easy blending.
- Stock: Use either chicken bone broth or vegetable stock (vegan broth) from Freja for depth of flavour and extra nutrition. Use the code THEFERTILITYKITCHEN for £5 off your order.
- Seasoning: Sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Add some shredded roast chicken or 1-2 teaspoons of collagen powder for a boost of protein.
How to make easy pea-sy soup
This is probably my simplest recipe, but that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious – the best kind of recipe is quick, easy and flavourful and this ticks every box. It also uses only one-pan!
- Blend: Place the peas, stock, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Heat: Place the saucepan over a medium heat, bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
That’s it! Divide between serving bowls. Read on for my top serving suggestion.
What to serve with easy pea-sy soup
I love soup but it’s nice to have a contrasting crunchy texture, and that’s why it’s great served with crackers for dunking. Here’s the recipe for my easy seedy crackers. You can make them in just two easy steps and they take about half an hour, so if you have a little extra time it’s worth whipping up a batch.
More soup recipes to try
- Creamy celery soup
- Sweet potato soup with chermoula-roasted chickpeas
- Roast tomato and red pepper soup
- Easy super green broccoli soup
I hope you enjoy this easy pea-sy soup recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Easy pea-sy soup
- 450 g frozen peas thawed slightly
- 450 ml chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the peas, stock, salt and pepper in a large saucepan and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat, bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide between serving bowls.