This creamy avocado & herb dressing is made with avocado, herbs and yoghurt, it’s deliciously creamy and perfect to drizzle on salad, omelettes and abundance bowls. I love it drizzled over a green goddess omelette, but it’s quite versatile and goes with many things. Plus it’s quick and easy to make!
Avocado in salad dressing
I recommend adding avocados to your salads most of the time. The healthy monounsaturated fats in avocado increase the nutrient absorption from leafy greens. So it’s great from a nutrition standpoint. But let’s be honest, avocados also taste creamy and delicious!
Sometimes you might be in the mood for an avocado dressing rather than eating slices or chunks of avocado. And if you own a stick blender or mini food processor, this recipe couldn’t be easier to whip up. An added bonus is that avocado dressing magically covers each piece of your meal with a little green goodness!
Creamy avocado & herb dressing ingredients
Make this dressing from just a handful of fresh ingredients:
- Avocado: Star ingredient!
- Lemon juice: Fresh is best for a burst of citrus.
- Herbs: Coriander (cilantro), parsley and chives for their herby goodness
- Yoghurt: Use your favourite – either coconut yoghurt, plain full fat cow’s milk yoghurt or Greek yoghurt.
- Seasoning: Sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Filtered water: Just a splash to help achieve a pourable consistency. If you don’t own a water filter use mineral water if possible, otherwise tap is fine.
How to make creamy avocado & herb dressing
It couldn’t be easier to make this dressing, simply place the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process or blend until smooth and creamy. That’s it! If you’d like your dressing thinner, just add a little more water. Enjoy!
Other dressings to try
I hope you enjoy this creamy herb dressing recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Creamy avocado & herb dressing
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 small bunch parsley
- ½ small bunch chives
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt of your choice (I used coconut)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp filtered water
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, coriander, parsley, chives, yoghurt, salt and pepper in a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth. With the processor still running add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.