This berry banana smoothie is an easy, delicious smoothie recipe made from fresh ingredients. It’s creamy, sweet, healthy and can be made with dairy or dairy-free. It’s the perfect summer smoothie!
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is by drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients. And with raspberries and blueberries in abundance in summer, it makes sense to whip up this classic berry banana smoothie recipe.
Berry banana smoothie ingredients
Want to know what’s in this delicious smoothie? Just a handful of fresh and frozen ingredients, including:
- Raspberries and blueberries: Use fresh summer berries. You could also use strawberries in this recipe if you prefer. If you use frozen berries this smoothie could become too thick so you may need to add extra milk.
- Banana: I use frozen banana to help make this smoothie thick and creamy. For less sugar, use half a frozen avocado instead.
- Protein powder: Adding protein powder is a great way to make a smoothie more nourishing, otherwise they can be lacking in protein and won’t keep you full and satisfied. My recommended brand is Nuzest Clean Lean Protein in Smooth Vanilla flavour. If you’re not keen on vanilla they also do a flavourless option called Just Natural – this is a versatile option if you plan on adding it to other things.
- Yoghurt: Use a yoghurt of your choice – either full fat Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt (with minimal ingredients).
- Milk: Use your favourite milk for this recipe, the creamier the better, so if you’re using cow’s milk opt for full fat organic. If you’re using a plant milk, cashew milk is the creamiest, but you can also use oat or almonds – remember to look for a brand with minimal ingredients (ideally just two – the nut/grain and water!), avoiding sunflower oil, emulsifiers and sweeteners.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds add fibre.
How to make a berry banana smoothie
Like all smoothies, it’s simply a case of placing all the ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth!
More smoothie recipes to try
I hope you enjoy this berry banana smoothie recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Berry banana smoothie
- 125 g raspberries
- 125 g blueberries
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 serving of vanilla protein powder
- 125 g yoghurt of your choice
- 125 ml milk of your choice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Place the berries, banana, protein powder, yoghurt, milk and chia seeds in a blender and blend until thick and creamy. Add extra milk to thin as desired.