Mediterranean Greek Salad is easy to make and bursting with goodness. Made from just a few ingredients — cucumbers, tomatoes, pepper, red onion, olives, feta and seasoning — it’s one of the best healthy salad recipes.
This classic Greek salad embodies the Mediterranean diet, where a few simple, fresh ingredients in their most natural form turn into a dazzling salad. Serve with my homemade Greek dressing which is fresh, flavourful, easy to make and tastes better than anything you can buy in the supermarket!
GREEK SALAD INGREDIENTS
Since a traditional Greek salad is only made up of a few simple ingredients – quality matters! For vegetables, pick the freshest. For cheese and olives, keep an eye out for quality brands and check ingredients.
- Cucumbers: Make sure to use English cucumbers versus field cucumbers. The thinner skin is preferable with no peeling needed.
- Tomatoes: In Greece, you’ll most often find large tomatoes used, but cherry tomatoes are much easier to dice. I love to use a mix of colours for maximum nutrition.
- Pepper: Typically, a Greek salad uses green bell peppers so that’s what I’ve used in this recipe. Feel free to use yellow or red peppers if you prefer.
- Onion: Red onions are the ideal choice for that pop of red, and milder flavour.
- Olives: Grab your favorite jar of kalamata olives. You can keep them whole in your salad, or slice them in half for even, bite-sized pieces. Look for olives in olive oil.
- Feta Cheese: Use organic goat’s or sheep’s feta (or a mixture of the two).
- Seasoning: Sea salt and cracked black pepper help meld the flavours of this Greek salad.
HOW TO MAKE MEDITERRANEAN GREEK SALAD
Once you’ve got all the ingredients, it’s as simple as slicing and dicing them to roughly the same size. Then, drizzle your salad with the dressing and give it a gentle toss. That’s all there is to it!
More easy salads to try
- Broccoli, spinach and feta salad
- Cauliflower tabbouleh
- Jar salad
- Strawberry, spinach and salmon salad
- Rainbow salad bowl
More Mediterranean recipes to try
- Tomato gazpacho
- Mediterranean cod
- Baked cod with salsa verde
- Mediterranean chicken one-pan
- Easy baked salmon ratatouille
I hope you enjoy this Mediterranean Greek salad recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Mediterranean Greek salad
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 300 g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 200 g kalamata olives halved
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled (omit if dairy-free)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the Greek dressing
- 80 ml red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion, olives, feta, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing, place the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a small jug and whisk to combine. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking vigorously to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss gently to combine.