This is a really simple macadamia brownie recipe. I love it because you just whizz the ingredients in a blender, stir in macadamia nuts, then transfer to a tin and bake. It’s fuss-free baking at its best!
Sugar and fertility
Whilst this recipe uses less sugar than your average brownie recipe, I wouldn’t recommend going crazy. They still need to be eaten in moderation because as you know, sugar is a demon for your health and fertility. My top tip is to store them in the freezer and take one out as and when. This will stop you eating the whole batch! I use a glass storage container lined with plastic-free baking parchment, with another layer of parchment between each brownie layer to stop them from clumping together.
Macadamia brownie ingredients
- Medjool dates: For fibre and sweetness.
- Eggs: Use free-range eggs to bind the brownies. You can substitute for two large mashed bananas if you’re egg-free.
- Cocoa powder: For chocolate.
- Ground almonds: AKA almond flour, for subtle sweetness.
- Coconut oil: I use extra virgin.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract, not vanilla flavouring.
- Maple syrup: To sweeten the brownies. Or use honey if you prefer.
- Macadamia nuts: Roughly chopped and stirred into the brownies for satisfying crunch. Macadamias are a rich and buttery nut.
How to make macadamia brownies
Before you get started, preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a 20cm (8 inch) square brownie tin with plastic-free baking parchment. Then make these brownies in just two steps!
- Process: Place the medjool dates, eggs, cocoa powder, ground almonds, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a food processor and process until smooth. Remove the blade and stir in the nuts.
- Bake: Transfer to the prepared tin, spread with a spatula until smooth and bake for 20 minutes or until just firm around the edges.
That’s it – easiest recipe ever! Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into squares.
More chocolate-y recipes to try
More sweet recipes to try
- Coconut bliss balls
- Chewy cranberry cookies
- Mixed berry muffins
- Raspberry crumble bars
- Vanilla freezer fudge
I hope you enjoy this macadamia brownie recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Line a 20cm (8 inch) square brownie tin with plastic-free baking parchment.
- Place the medjool dates, eggs, cocoa powder, ground almonds, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a food processor and process until well combined. Remove the blade and stir in the nuts.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and spread out with a spatula until smooth. Bake for 20 minutes or until just firm around the edges.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into squares.