Are you ready for the ultimate hot chocolate recipe? It’s indulgently rich, velvety smooth, and packed with antioxidants, collagen, prebiotic fibres and ashwagandha to support stress resilience. Make this ultimate hot chocolate part of your weekly wellness routine.
Ultimate hot chocolate ingredients
While you can stir cocoa powder into warm milk and call it a day, this recipe is extra special and worth the splurge. Dark chocolate melts with hot, simmering milk, cacao + collagen powder, and a dash of honey, all in one pan. It’s indulgent and deliciously creamy – heaven in a cup!
This recipe is simple to make, with just four high-quality ingredients:
- Milk: Use your favourite milk for this recipe, the creamier the better, so if you’re using cow’s milk opt for full fat organic. If you’re using a plant milk, cashew milk is the creamiest, but you can also use oat or almonds – remember to look for a brand with minimal ingredients (ideally just two – the nut/grain and water!), avoiding sunflower oil, emulsifiers and sweeteners.
- Dark chocolate: Finely chopped chocolate, my absolute favourite for this recipe is Cocoa Loco dark chocolate. It’s organic and made from just four ingredients: cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter and vanilla powder. Dark chocolate has a distinctly rich flavour that tastes divine when whisked with milk. And it melts into a smooth, velvety texture.
- Cacao + Collagen: Ancient + Brave Cacao + Collagen combined with the chocolate is what makes this recipe so phenomenal. Trust me, you need both! Cacao + Collagen takes this ultimate hot chocolate to the next level. As well as cacao powder, it contains collagen protein, prebiotic fibres and ashwagandha to support stress resilience.
- Honey (optional): Sweeten to taste with honey, or leave it out.
How to make the ultimate hot chocolate
Follow these three simple steps for heaven in a cup!
- Simmer the milk. Place the milk and cacao + collagen powder in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the chocolate. Add the finely chopped chocolate and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate is fully melted, stirring constantly.
- Serve. Pour into your favourite mug and sweeten to taste with honey to serve.
Other delicious drinks recipes to try:
I hope you enjoy this ultimate hot chocolate recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Ultimate hot chocolate
- Place the milk and cacao + collagen powder in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the chocolate and simmer for 5 minutes, or until fully melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour into your favourite mug and sweeten to taste with honey (if using) to serve.