Make these chocolate hazelnut biscuits with just five ingredients. Very simple to make, you can whip up a batch of deliciously crunchy, naturally gluten-free biscuits in no time.
Chocolate hazelnut biscuit ingredients
I should have called these five-ingredient biscuits! Here’s what you need to make them:
- Buckwheat flour: Adds a warm, nutty flavour to these biscuits. If you’re following a gluten-free diet make sure you use gluten-free buckwheat flour. Did you know that it’s super easy to make your own buckwheat flour? Here’s my recipe for homemade buckwheat flour.
- Cocoa powder: For the chocolatey part!
- Smooth hazelnut butter: Hazelnut is a classic flavour pairing with chocolate, but you can use any nut butter of your choice.
- Maple syrup: Use pure maple syrup, not maple flavoured syrup. Honey works too.
- Sea salt: Don’t forget this as it enhances the other flavours.
How to make chocolate hazelnut biscuits
Before you get started, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and line a large baking tray with plastic-free baking parchment. Then follow these three simple steps:
- Make the dough: Place the buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, hazelnut butter, maple syrup and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll out the dough and cut the biscuits: Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to 3mm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm, then cut out the biscuits using a heart-shaped cookie cutter and place on the prepared tray.
- Bake: Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
That’s it! Crunchy, crumbly cookies that are perfect dipped into homemade chocolate mousse.
More chocolate hazelnut recipes to try
I hope you enjoy this chocolate hazelnut biscuit recipe. If you make it, let me know how it turned out. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below, or post in The Fertility Kitchen Community.
Chocolate hazelnut biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a large baking tray with plastic-free baking parchment.
- Place the oat flour, cocoa powder, hazelnut butter, maple syrup and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to 3mm thick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut out biscuits using a heart-shaped cookie cutter and place on the prepared tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.